Anyone who has lived or even traveled to the Big Apple probably knows that slow walking, camera toting tourists mixed in with fast- walking-with-urgent-purpose New Yorkers is a toxic mix.
Then why, oh why do the tourists & locals alike end up mashing together at the very same, very crowded very touristy overpriced spots…. Times Square, Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty.
PLEASE STOP IT NOW! I’m not screaming, I just live here but I didn’t always, and I want you to not do what I did when I visited. Don’t take a taxi everywhere or think that if you leave the “safety” of mid to lower Manhattan you’ll get mugged instantly or figure the subway is just too complicated.
Raw Travel is out to change what it means to be a tourist in NYC. We’re asking for locals, yes you…. be you transplant like me or native, to show our good friends, our visitors some Northern Hospitality by showing them a REAL New York City experience.
Where do YOU take your friends and relatives when they visit? How do you help your guests get beyond the money sucking, tourist traps this city is full of? Is Chinatown worth visiting? Is there any authenticity there? Where in Brooklyn would be good to go? Or Queens? Or, gasp! Staten Island or da’ Bronx? Nothing is off limits guys and there is no idea too strange.
Look, we don’t want to be different just for the sake of being different but we do want to show NYC visitors a unique and different way to be a traveler, not a tourist. We want visitors to feel a little what it’s like to be a local for a few days and find out why so many people risk and sacrifice so much just to live here.
Food, Culture, Music, Authentic Neighborhoods, Giving Back… we want to include it.
Send us your ideas and maybe you and /or your idea will be featured on Raw Travel TV. But do it soon. We begin taping next month and plan to have a rough agenda mapped out in a couple of weeks. Oh and be sure and read the legal stuff below, before you send anything.
Alright.. I feel the cobwebs starting to clear… and spring time slowly but surely is heading this way. Let’s make this the most unique & kick butt travel episode ever produced about New York City. It’s your time to share some of that pent up knowledge of secret finds, cool spots, etc. So what are you gonna do? Keep it selfishly to yourself? or help us help these poor lost souls clogging up Times Square at this very moment.
Spread the word.. and don’t Fuggedaboutit now!
If you are considering submitting a story, show idea, or any written or recorded works, please read below:
Stories, ideas, suggestions, essays, audio, video, photographs or related materials and any other materials of any kind whatsoever submitted (hereinafter, the “Submissions”) will not be returned or kept confidential and become property of Artist and Idea Management, Ltd. (AKA – AIM TV Group).
All such Submissions may be used: in broadcast or other publication by AIM TV Group, Raw Travel, Punk Outlaw or any of its affiliated companies or entities, including, but not limited to AIM TV Group, Raw Travel (collectively or its related companies or entities, including without limitation, and distributed in all markets and media worldwide and in perpetuity. By submitting, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions and consent to your name and geographic location possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution and/or broadcast of your Submission(s).
1. The Submissions may be shared with The Producers and/or developers of AIM TV Group / Raw Travel (or its related entities, including, without limitation) related programming.
2. Neither AIM TV Group, Raw Travel nor any of its affiliated companies or entities are obligated to use or pay you for any Submission.
3. It is possible that similar Submissions may be submitted to AIM TV Group & Raw Travel by multiple sources and that a Submission may be similar to ideas generated or developed independently by AIM TV Group employees.
4. All Submissions shall become the property of AIM TV Group and may be edited for length, clarity and/or functionality, will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, may be shared with and used by the staff of AIM TV Group and any of their affiliated companies or entities and shared with legal authorities if AIM TV Group believes it warranted. Neither AIM TV Group nor any third or other party with whom AIM TV Group shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you submit.
5. AIM TV Group shall exclusively own all known or later existing rights to the Submissions worldwide and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose in all media now known or hereafter discovered without compensation to the provider of such Submissions.
6. AIM TV Group reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions, or other specifics, as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
7. By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you are at least twenty-one (21) years old.
8. No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades a person’s privacy, violates any law, any intellectual property or other property or other rights, or is known to be false.